This is a place to help me sort out my thoughts. I have a lot of them, and they tend to bring me down. I am going to try and have a more positive outlook on life. "Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day."
Tuesday, January 11, 2011
Powerful Mind
It seems a little crazy to me how much our minds can affect every part of our day, and our lives really. What you are thinking about and how you react to situations make you who you are. I had a little bit of difficulty with jealousy this weekend (surprise surprise), and I was reading on ways to help myself deal with this. It's all up to me. It's up to me whether I make the small stuff a big deal or if I want to dwell on a series of what-if's that I made up. Since I've been hurt in the past, I know that I like to look at the glass half empty. I don't try and find the positive things that might come out of a situation; I like to search for everything that could go wrong. That way when things do go wrong I don't find myself too disappointed. The sad thing is that I KNOW I think this way and I know it is harmful to me. I just don't know how to fix it. My mind is always racing, but I guess it isn't powerful enough to push out the negative thoughts and look on the bright side. Well not powerful enough yet; I hope to get there one day. When it comes to relationship, I have not been good enough in more than one situation. So it's hard for me to believe that I am good enough now. I'm tired of always being in a constant battle with myself. But I love my boyfriend and he is worth it enough to try and win this battle. We have a strong enough relationship where I know he will wait for me to be entirely whole again, but if I don't make progress it might be too hard. Not just for him, but for me also. I just have to remind myself daily of what is important to me and what I need to do to get there. I need to find my powerful mind.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment